DICOM PS3.17 2024a - Explanatory Information

AAAAA.3.3.2 Stationary Tomographic 3D Photoacoustic/Ultrasound Per-Frame Example

In this encoding example of Figure AAAAA.3.3-1, the first two frames are shown to illustrate the variation in image position for one Photoacoustic image (Table AAAAA.3.2.2-1). Examples of other Photoacoustic attributes are provided in Section AAAAA.3.4.

Table AAAAA.3.3.2-1. Stationary tomographic 3D Photoacoustic/Ultrasound Example, Image Position (Volume), Frames 1 & 2

Attribute

Tag

Value

Comments

...

Excitation Wavelength Sequence

(0018,9825)

>Excitation Wavelength

(0018,9826)

800

nm

...

Shared Functional Groups Sequence

(5200,9229)

...

>Image Data Type Sequence

(0018,9807)

>>Image Data Type Code Sequence

(0018,9836)

>>>Code Value

(0008,0100)

110830

>>>Coding Scheme Designator

(0008,0102)

DCM

>>>Code Meaning

(0008,0104)

Elasticity

...

Reconstruction Algorithm Sequence

(0018,993D)

>Algorithm Name

(0066,0036)

proc1-800nm

The manufacturer-specific algorithm for processing an image using the excitation wavelength of 800nm.

...

Per-Frame Functional Groups Sequence

(5200,9230)

%item

Frame 1

...

>Frame Content Sequence

(0020,9111)

>>Dimension Index Value

(0020,9157)

1\1\1

...

>Plane Position (Volume) Sequence

(0020,930E)

>>Image Position (Volume)

(0020,9301)

0\0\0

Volume position 1

...

>Temporal Position Sequence

(0020,9310)

>>Temporal Position Time Offset

(0020,930D)

0

...

>Photoacoustic Excitation Characteristics Sequence

(0018,9821)

>Excitation Wavelength

(0018,9826)

800

nm

>>Excitation Energy

(0018,9823)

11.0

mJ

>>Excitation Pulse Duration

(0018,9824)

8

ns

...

%enditem

%item

Frame 2

...

>Frame Content Sequence

(0020,9111)

>>Dimension Index Value

(0020,9157)

1\2\1

...

>Plane Position (Volume) Sequence

(0020,930E)

>>Image Position (Volume)

(0020,9301)

0\0\1

Volume position 2

...

>Temporal Position Sequence

(0020,9310)

>>Temporal Position Time Offset

(0020,930D)

0

...

>Photoacoustic Excitation Characteristics Sequence

(0018,9821)

>Excitation Wavelength

(0018,9826)

800

nm

>>Excitation Energy

(0018,9823)

11.2

mJ

>>Excitation Pulse Duration

(0018,9824)

8

ns

...


DICOM PS3.17 2024a - Explanatory Information