DICOM PS3.17 2019b - Explanatory Information

ZZ.4 Encoding Example

The Templates used in the example can be encoded as follows:

Table ZZ.4-1. Attributes Used to Describe a Mono Stem Implant for Total Hip Replacement

Attribute

Value

Comment

SOP Common Module

SOP Class UID

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.43.1

SOP Instance UID

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.0.1

Generic Implant Template Module

Manufacturer

ACME

Implant Name

MONO_STEM

Implant Size

MEDIUM

Implant Part Number

ACME_MST_M

Effective DateTime

26.06.2009 12:00

Implant Template Version

1

Implant Template Type

ORIGINAL

Implant Target Anatomy Sequence

>Anatomic Region Sequence

>>Code Value

71341001

>>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>>Code Meaning

Femur

Frame of Reference UID

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.1.1

Overall Template Spatial Tolerance

1.0

HPGL Document Sequence

>HPGL Document ID

1

>View Orientation Code Sequence

>>Code Value

399348003

>>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>>Code Meaning

Antero-Posterior

>HPGL Document Scaling

1.0

>HPGL Document

IN PA …

HPGL commands

>HPGL Contour Pen Number

2

>HPGL Pen Sequence

>>HPGL Pen Number

2

>>HPGL Pen Label

Contour

>>HPGL Pen Number

3

>>HPGL Pen Label

Landmarks

>>HPGL Pen Number

4

>>HPGL Pen Label

Mating Features

>Recommended Rotation Point

39.6/72.4

>Bounding Rectangle

14.2/5.7/46/78.8

Material Code Sequence

>Code Value

256506002

>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>Code Meaning

Stainless Steel Material

Implant Type Code Sequence

>Code Value

112315

>Coding Scheme Designator

DCM

>Code Meaning

Monoblock Stem

Fixation Method Code Sequence

>Code Value

304367000

>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>Code Meaning

Uncemented Component Fixation

Mating Feature Sets Sequence

>Mating Feature Set ID

1

>Mating Feature Set Label

Head Rotation Point

>Mating Feature Sequence

>>Mating Feature ID

1

>>2D Mating Feature Coordinates Sequence

>>>Referenced HPGL Document ID

1

>>>2D Mating Point

39.6/72.4

>>>2D Mating Axes

1/0/0/1

>>Mating Feature Degree of Freedom Sequence

>>>Degree of Freedom ID

1

>>>Degree of Freedom Type

ROTATION

>>>2D Degree of Freedom Sequence

>>>>Referenced HPGL Document ID

1

>>>>2D Degree Of Freedom Axis

0/0/1

>>>>Range of Freedom

-15/15


Table ZZ.4-2. Attributes Used to Describe a Mono Cup Implant for Total Hip Replacement

Attribute

Value

Comment

SOP Common Module

SOP Class UID

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.43.1

SOP Instance UID

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.0.2

Generic Implant Template Module

Manufacturer

ACME

Implant Name

MONO_CUP

Implant Size

MEDIUM

Implant Part Number

ACME_MCP_M

Effective DateTime

26.06.2009 12:00

Implant Template Version

1

Implant Template Type

ORIGINAL

Implant Target Anatomy Sequence

>Anatomic Region Sequence

>>Code Value

24136001

>>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>>Code Meaning

Hip Joint

Frame of Reference UID

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.1.2

Overall Template Spatial Tolerance

1.0

HPGL Document Sequence

>HPGL Document ID

1

>View Orientation Code Sequence

>>Code Value

399321004

>>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>>Code Meaning

Anterior Projection

>HPGL Document Scaling

1

>HPGL Document

IN PA …

HPGL commands

>HPGL Contour Pen Number

2

>HPGL Pen Sequence

>>HPGL Pen Number

2

>>HPGL Pen Label

Contour

>>HPGL Pen Number

3

>>HPGL Pen Label

Landmarks

>>HPGL Pen Number

4

>>HPGL Pen Label

Mating Features

>Recommended Rotation Point

12.9/0

>Bounding Rectangle

0/0/25.8/12.9

Material Code Sequence

>Code Value

256506002

>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>Code Meaning

Stainless Steel Material

Implant Type Code Sequence

>Code Value

112307

>Coding Scheme Designator

DCM

>Code Meaning

Acetabular Cup Monoblock

Fixation Method Code Sequence

>Code Value

304367000

>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>Code Meaning

Uncemented Component Fixation

Mating Feature Sets Sequence

>Mating Feature Set ID

1

>Mating Feature Set Label

Hip Joint Mating Feature

>Mating Feature Sequence

>>Mating Feature ID

1

>>2D Mating Feature Coordinates Sequence

>>>Referenced HPGL Document ID

1

>>>2D Mating Point

12.9/0

>>>2D Mating Axes

0.707/0.707/-0.707/0.707


Table ZZ.4-3. Attributes Used to Describe The Assembly of Cup and Stem

Attribute

Value

Comment

SOP Common Module

SOP Class UID

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.44.1

SOP Instance UID

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.0.3

Implant Assembly Template Module

Implant Assembly Template Name

Acme Hip Assembly

Implant Assembly Template Issuer

ACME

Effective DateTime

26.06.2009 12:00

Implant Assembly Template Version

1

Implant Assembly Template Type

ORIGINAL

Implant Assembly Template Target Anatomy Sequence

>Anatomic Region Sequence

>>Code Value

24136001

>>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>>Code Meaning

Hip Joint

Procedure Type Code Sequence

>Code Value

119614000

>Coding Scheme Designator

SCT

>Code Meaning

Hip Joint Reconstruction

Component Types Sequence

>Component Type Code Sequence

Sequence Item 1

>>Code Value

112310

>>Coding Scheme Designator

DCM

>>Code Meaning

Femoral Stem

>Exclusive Component Type

YES

>Mandatory Component Type

YES

>Component Sequence

>>Referenced SOP Class UID

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.43.1

>>Referenced SOP Instance UID

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.0.1

>>Component ID

1

>Component Type Code Sequence

Sequence Item 2

>>Code Value

112305

>>Coding Scheme Designator

DCM

>>Code Meaning

Acetabular Cup Shell

>Exclusive Component Type

YES

>Mandatory Component Type

YES

>Component Sequence

>>Referenced SOP Class UID

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.43.1

>>Referenced SOP Instance UID

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.0.2

>>Component ID

2

Component Assembly Sequence

>Component 1 Referenced ID

1

The stem

>Component 1 Referenced Mating Feature Set ID

1

> Component 1 Referenced Mating Feature ID

1

>Component 2 Referenced ID

2

The cup

> Component 2 Referenced Mating Feature Set ID

1

> Component 2 Referenced Mating Feature ID

1


DICOM PS3.17 2019b - Explanatory Information