DICOM PS3.17 2019a - Explanatory Information

WWW.2 Encoding Example

This section illustrates the usage of the Section C.8.33.2 “Tractography Results Module” in PS3.3 in the context of the Tractography Results IOD.

Two Example Track Sets. "Track Set Left" with two tracks, "Track Set Right" with one track.

Figure WWW-1. Two Example Track Sets. "Track Set Left" with two tracks, "Track Set Right" with one track.


Figure WWW-1 shows two example track sets. The example consists of:

The table WWW-1 shows the encoding of the Tractography Results module for the example above. In addition to the two example track sets the table WWW-1 also encodes the following information:

Table WWW-1. Example of the Tractography Results Module

Name

Tag

Value

Comment

Instance Number

(0020,0013)

1

Content Label

(0070,0080)

Left and Right

Content Description

(0070,0081)

Two Sample Tracksets

Content Creator's Name

(0070,0084)

<empty>

Type 2 Attribute

Content Date

(0008,0023)

20150529

Content Time

(0008,0033)

121933.000000

Track Set Sequence

(0066,0101)

Item 1 (First Track Set "Track Set Left")

>Track Set Number

(0066,0105)

1

>Track Set Label

(0066,0106)

Track Set Left

>Track Set Anatomical Type Code Sequence

(0066,0108)

>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(0008,0100)

(0008,0102)

(0008,0104)

(T-A0095, SRT, "White matter of brain and spinal cord")

CID 7710

>>Modifier Code Sequence

(0040,A195)

Item 1

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(G-A101, SRT, "Left")

CID 244

>Track Sequence

(0066,0102)

Item 1 (First Track "A")

>>Point Coordinates Data

(0066,0016)

0, 0, 0

1.5, 0.2, 0

3.5, -0.1, 0

5.5, 0.5, 0

Coordinates of A1, A2, A3, A4

>>Recommended Display CIELab Value List

(0066,0103)

47270/40385/52501/

34751/53214/49924/

57318/11632/54042

22077/53113/5901/

Colors of A1, A2, A3, A4

Item 2 (Second Track "B")

>>Point Coordinates Data

(0066,0016)

0, -4, 0

2,-3.8, 0

4,-4, 0

Coordinates of B1, B2, B3

>>Recommended Display CIELab Value

(0062,000D)

57318/11632/54042

Color of B1, B2, B3

>Measurements Sequence

(0066,0121)

Item 1 (Fractional Anisotropy (FA) values stored on each Track)

>>Concept Name Code Sequence

(0040,A043)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(110808, DCM, "Fractional Anisotropy")

CID 7263

>>Measurement Units Code Sequence

(0040,08EA)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(1, UCUM, "no units")

CID 82

>>Measurement Values Sequence

(0066,0132)

Item 1 (FA Values for each point on first Track "A")

>>>Floating Point Values

(0066,0125)

0.2,0.4,0.5,0.8

FA values of A1, A2, A3, A4

Item 2 (FA Values for each point on second Track "B")

>>>Floating Point Values

(0066,0125)

0.3, 0.8, 0.9

FA values of B1, B2, B3

Item 2 (Apparent Diffusion Coefficient (ADC) values stored on each Track)

>>Concept Name Code Sequence

(0040,A043)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(113041, DCM, "Apparent Diffusion Coefficient")

CID 7263

>>Measurement Units Code Sequence

(0040,08EA)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(1, UCUM, "no units")

CID 82

>>Measurement Values Sequence

(0066,0132)

Item 1 (ADC Values stored on 1st and 3rd point of first Track "A")

>>>Floating Point Values

(0066,0125)

0.6,0.7

ADC values of A1 and A3

>>>Track Point Index List

(0066,0129)

1, 3

Item 2 (ADC Values stored on 2nd point of second Track "B")

>>>Floating Point Values

(0066,0125)

0.5

ADC value of B2

>>>Track Point Index List

(0066,0129)

2

>Track Statistics Sequence

(0066,0130)

Statistical values derived from each Track

Item 1 (Mean FA values for Tracks "A" and "B")

>>Concept Name Code Sequence

(0040,A043)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(110808, DCM, "Fractional Anisotropy")

CID 7263

>>Modifier Code Sequence

(0040,A195)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(R-00317, SRT, "Mean")

CID 3488 (part of CID 7464)

>>Measurement Units Code Sequence

(0040,08EA)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(1, UCUM, "no units")

CID 82

>>Floating Point Values

(0066,0125)

0.475, 0.667

>Track Set Statistics Sequence

(0066,0124)

Statistical values derived from whole track set

Item 1 (Maximum FA value of whole Track Set "Track Set Left")

>>Concept Name Code Sequence

(0040,A043)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(110808, DCM, "Fractional Anisotropy")

CID 7263

>>Modifier Code Sequence

(0040,A195)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(G-A437, SRT, "Maximum")

CID 3488 (part of CID 7464)

>>Measurement Units Code Sequence

(0040,08EA)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(1, UCUM, "no units")

CID 82

>>Floating Point Value

(0040,A161)

0.9

>Diffusion Acquisition Code Sequence

(0066,0133)

>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(113223, DCM, "DTI")

CID 7260

>Diffusion Model Code Sequence

(0066,0134)

>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(113231, DCM, "Single Tensor")

CID 7261

>Tracking Algorithm Identification Sequence

(0066,0104)

Item 1

>>Algorithm Family Code Sequence

(0066,002F)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(113211, DCM, "Deterministic")

CID 7262

>>Algorithm Name

(0066,0036)

Example

>>Algorithm Version

(0066,0031)

1.0

Item 2 (Second Track Set "Track Set Right")

>Track Set Number

(0066,0105)

2

>Track Set Label

(0066,0106)

Track Set Right

>Track Set Anatomical Type Code Sequence

(0066,0108)

>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(0008,0102)

(0008,0100)

(0008,0104)

(T-A0095, SRT, "White matter of brain and spinal cord")

CID 7710

>>Modifier Code Sequence

(0040,A195)

Item 1

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(G-A100, SRT, "Right")

CID 244

>Track Sequence

(0066,0102)

Item 1 (Single Track "C")

>>Point Coordinates Data

(0066,0016)

6, 0.1, 0

5.8, -2, 0

6.2, -4.5, 0

Coordinates of C1, C2, C3

>Recommended Display CIELab Value

(0062,000D)

34751/53214/49924/

Color of C1, C2, C3

>Diffusion Acquisition Code Sequence

(0066,0133)

>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(113223, DCM, "DTI")

CID 7260

>Diffusion Model Code Sequence

(0066,0134)

>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(113231, DCM, "Single Tensor")

CID 7261

>Tracking Algorithm Identification Sequence

(0066,0104)

Item 1

>>Algorithm Family Code Sequence

(0066,002F)

>>>Code Sequence Macro Values

(113211, DCM, "Deterministic")

CID 7262

>>Algorithm Name

(0066,0036)

Example

>>Algorithm Version

(0066,0031)

1.0

Referenced Instance Sequence

(0008,114A)

Item 1

>Referenced SOP Class UID

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.4

MR Image Storage

>Referenced SOP Instance UID

1.2.3.4.1

Item 2

>Referenced SOP Class UID

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.4

MR Image Storage

>Referenced SOP Instance UID

1.2.3.4.2

Item n

>Referenced SOP Class UID

1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.4

MR Image Storage

>Referenced SOP Instance UID

1.5.6.1


DICOM PS3.17 2019a - Explanatory Information